Property Accountant Specialist
Costa Mesa—Corporate Office
The Property Accountant Specialist – NNN is a Property level (entity) accounting staff position responsible for supporting property accounts payable, accounts receivable, collections accounting, CAM, billings, budgeting and financial reporting (P&L and Balance Sheet).
Essential Job Functions
- Property Accountant Specialist NNN Level I = Property assignment total weight of 40 to 47.
- Completes assigned special projects.
- Provides outside auditors with requested information.
- Works with appropriate MIS support to resolve issues relating to software (i.e. MRI Recovery pools and Reforecast reports, etc.) and informs Assistant Controller of same.
- Prepares and distributes monthly and quarterly applicable journal entry supporting documentation (except as prepared by Property Accountant) and required schedules within prescribed deadlines.
- Calculates monthly distributable cash amounts to Partners and ensures distributions are made in a timely manner as directed by Assistant Controller.
- Prepares special billings for actual CAM, tax and insurance billings when due, and reviews Manager-prepared special billings for coding and accuracy and ensures they have the proper supporting documentation.
- Works closely with Property Managers to reconcile tenant accounts to aid in collection of same, to resolve questions arising from unusual variances or fluctuations in property income or expenses, and to generally provide accounting support when needed.
- Reviews new lease abstracts, rent rolls and recurring charges monthly for reasonableness and follows up with Property Managers on unusual items.
- Prepares annual operating budget supporting documentation and required schedules (except as prepared by Property Accountant) in accordance with prescribed procedures and deadlines.
- Prepares monthly/quarterly financial, budget and reforecast for one property under the same guidelines as the Property Accountant function.
- Maintains MRI year-end NNN recovery pools.
- Prepares and reviews select year-end work papers and reconciliations as designated on year-end financial statement checklist and submits to Project Accountant for Journal Entry posting.
- Other job related duties as assigned