Senior Financial Analyst
Costa Mesa—Corporate Office
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for performing activities that support Strategic Planning and Financial Analyst Department and Donahue Schriber’s objectives, performance drivers and strategic initiatives. The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for analyzing the merits and/or risks of a particular investment. Utilizes sophisticated analytical software. May be involved in database management, trends analysis and the preparation of new business presentations. May focus on a specific area (e.g., development, acquisitions/underwriting, investment management, transactions, or corporate strategies)
Department: Strategic Planning and Financial Analysis
Reports to: Finance Director
# Direct Reports: 2
FLSA Status: Exempt
Essential Job Functions
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly financial and operating reporting package, including variance analysis (actual to actual, actual to budge, actual to forecast).
- Prepare and analyze operating metrics reports on a monthly basis including sales, occupancy, leasing activity reports.
- Review public financial reports to evaluate the business and benchmark against public peers.
- Collaborate with leasing and property management teams to create budgets and long-term forecast.
- Perform portfolio level analysis of budget/forecast data to identify trends, issues, and updates to model assumptions.
- Drive special projects throughout the company including applicable company-wide IT, budgeting/forecasting and analytics initiatives.
- Identify and implement process improvements to increase efficiency and accuracy of information reported to management
- Understand the information needs of various functions with Donahue Schriber and identify the best way to meet those needs
- Ad hoc analysis of financial results
- Other duties as may be assigned.
This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree level of education with emphasis in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or other related discipline; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Additional degree(s) that are preferred for this position include:
Below is the required/preferred work experience for this position:
3-6 Years – Required
- Previous retail real estate experience. Superior financial and analytical skills
- Knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Excel (IF/VLOOKUP/INDEX formulas and pivot tables necessary, basic macros a plus)
- Strong interpersonal skills
Licenses & Certificates